Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Environment

Every day, the citizens of Santiago produce 1,4 kg each of trash and the condition to eliminate that trash are not ecological at all. The dumpsters in the city have no recycling area and this make that trash accumulate and accumulate generating a lot of environmental damage.

That’s why people should be responsible with the things that they throw away, making smart choices when they have the trash in their hands. For example, it’s very simple separate the recyclable things from the things that are not. In my home, my sister start to separate the organic trash from the rest of the trash and with that organic wastes she make fertilizer and have her own organic orchard in my grandmother’s house. Now, every person in my house has to do that and with that we help to the environment. It’s a little thing that everyone can do, especially if you had a backyard.

We also, start to collect tetrapack cartons (of milk, juice, wine, etc.) and we take them to the recycling point that is in the Jumbo supermarket. I also make wallets with the big milk cartons and I sell it. That last one is a practical way to recycle trash because I transform an empty carton in something useful and pretty.

I walk every time I can, but I don’t have a car and the buses that I can take make their route with or without me, so I don’t really reduce pollution.

The people must change their mind about this topic and the authorities must implement programs that help to do more easily the recycling process. But, if we want a real change we have to stop companies that produce disposable things like plastic bags and plastic bottles that end up in the dumpsters and take between 100 and 1000 years to discompose.

So, we have a alternative for recycling and we have to use it, before it’s too late.

4 comments:

  1. When I was a child I also collect TetraPack cartons, with my school. I was a very good experience. Recycling it's a fundamental thing to do if we want to reduce pollution.

    Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Wallets ♥

    I like the initiative of your sister :)!
    And i like a lot your post :*


    The plastic bags are really toxics :(

    Bye ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute wallets :)
    and I also think that te government should take place in this matter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the wallets that you make, are a really good idea :)

    ReplyDelete