Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Books


I love books. It's maybe one of the things that I enjoy the most in the world. I think that literature open your mind and free your imagination, it take you to new worlds, it make you know things and places that you didn't know without moving your home. It's really magic ! Literature also makes people change things about themselves, the histories that books tell makes sense in our world and make us think about our lives.
I try to read a lot, I like to read in the bus when I travel for the city to get to the University of wherever I have to go. When I was a little girl I read a lot too, maybe more than now because I have more free time. I remember that when I like a book, I read it and read, and even learn parts of the book of memory. I don't know how many books I read avery year but it has to be between 7 and 9 books. But this year I couldn´t read as much as I want because of the university.
I like fiction books because the author tells histories with more freedom and without limits. I don't have a favourite writer but I like latinoamerican writers a lot: Gabriel García Márquez, Julio Cortázar, Mario Benedetti and Diamela Eltit. One of books that I like the most about one of this writers is "La Tregua" of Mario Benedetti, I like it because this book tell the most beautiful love story that I ever read and when I read it, it make feel many emotions. Now, I don´t remember one character that I like the most because every character has one special thing that makes him/her unique.
Now, I'm reading a book that my boyfriend give me to my birthday this year. It is philosophical book about a tv show called House MD. Because of the character of the tv show is so interesting and curious, some philosophers analyze him with the theories of Philosophy. I like this book but not like I think I would because it compare dr. House forcibly and I don't like that. I haven't finish it yet.
Keep reading !!

2 comments:

  1. I think that "La Tregua" is one of the books that now that I've grown up, I should re-read it
    regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Benedetti’s poetry? Although I find that most his poems are too calculated and lack spontaneity, I think some of them are quite beautiful. And how do you like Mario Vargas Llosa?
    Well, Jimena, holidays are coming soon... Time to catch up with your reading!!!!!
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

    I love books. THEY’RE maybe one of the things that I enjoy the most in the world. I think that literature openS your mind and freeS your imagination, it takeS you to new worlds, it makeS you know things and places that you didn't know without moving FROM your home. It's really magic ! Literature also makes people change things about themselves, the Stories that books tell make sense in our world and make us think about our lives.
    I try to read a lot, I like to read in the bus when I travel TO the city to get to the University of wherever I have to go. When I was a little girl I read a lot too, maybe more than now because I haD more free time. I remember that when I likeD a book, I read it and read, and even learnT parts of the book FROM memory. I don't know how many books I read Every year but it MUST be between 7 and 9 books. But this year I couldn´t read as much as I wantED because of the university.
    I like fiction books because the author tells histories with more freedom and without limits. I don't have a favourite writer but I like latinoamerican writers a lot: Gabriel García Márquez, Julio Cortázar, Mario Benedetti and Diamela Eltit. One of books BY one of thESE writers that I like the most is "La Tregua" BY Mario Benedetti, I like it because this book tellS the most beautiful love story that I HAVE ever read and when I read it, it makeS ME feel many emotions. Now, I don´t remember one character that I like the most because every character has one special thing that makes him/her unique.
    Now, I'm reading a book that my boyfriend gAve me ON my birthday this year. It is A philosophical book about a tv show called House MD. Because of the character of the tv show IT is so interesting and curious, some philosophers analyze him with the theories of Philosophy. I like this book but not like I think I would (¿) because it compareS dr. House forcibly and I don't like that. I haven't finishED it yet.
    Keep reading !!

    ReplyDelete