Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Santiago

In the post of today, I will tell you about the city I was born and raised: Santiago of Chile. I live in the San Miguel commune, so I’m almost in the center of the city and because of that I’m near to a lot of places. First of all I would like to recommend a monument that is near to my house and that represents to the Chilean people: Condorito statue. This singular figure it's a great place to visit if you are a foreign person because you can watch for yourself one of the most beloved character of the chilean history.

But if you want to watch serious art, you have to visit the Bellas Artes Museum. This museum is in center of the city, in the middle of the Forestal park. You can walk across this park and later go to the museum and have a great afternoon in the center of the Santiago's culture. Near this place, are a lot of littles Cafes where you can have something delicious to eat, but I warn you, it's very expensive.

However, If you want to eat something really delicious, you should go to "Domino" restaurant. In this place you can eat the most exquisite hot dog of the town and even when the hot dog isn't really part of the chilean cuisine, I think that this is one of the most representative dishes of the country.

If you are looking for entertaiment, the Bellavista district is the place for you. In this place you can eat, have some drinks and also enjoy of the chilean musicians's show because in this place there are a lot of bars with live music.

The last place that I will recommend you is the San Cristobal hill. When there are no much pollution in the air, from up there you can see all the city of Santiago and it looks beatiful. That view is the perfect ending for the travel across this gorgeus city that even when it have this problem it's a beautiful place to live in.

1 comment: